- 2 cans Gia Russa kidney beans, drained
- 1 jar Gia Russa chili starter
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Gia Russa ricotta cheese
- 1 can Gia Russa diced tomatoes
- 8 oz. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped green onions
- 1 can Gia Russa sliced black olives, drained
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- Sour cream for serving
In large saute pan over medium heat, mix kidney beans and chili starter. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Add cream cheese and ricotta cheese; stir until cheese melts. Add the diced tomatoes and Cheddar cheese. Stir till heated. Remove from heat and place in bowl. Garnish with dollop of sour cream, diced onions, olives and tomatoes. Place bowl on platter and add nachos to platter. Serve immediately.
Use the above recipe, but instead of nachos, use a 12” tortilla. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large saute pan, or flat griddle. Place tortilla on pan; spread chili bean dip on 1/2 tortilla. Add additional cheddar cheese. Fold tortilla in half. Flip. Usually, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove from pan. Cut into 6 slices. Garnish with diced onions, olives and tomatoes. Serve with a side of sour cream.