Serve this tasty cake with vanilla ice cream!
- 12 oz. fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup plus 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
Preheat the oven to 325º.
In a medium bowl, combine cranberries, apples, brown sugar, orange zest, orange juice and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Pour into a 9-inch pie plate coated with nonstick cooking spray.
In a separate bowl mix eggs for 2 minutes. Add 1 cup sugar, butter, vanilla, sour cream and mix for 1 minute. Slowly add flour and salt. Mix well until combined.
Pour the batter overtop cranberries, covering it completely. Combine the remaining cinnamon and sugar and nutmeg. Sprinkle it over the batter.
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes. Let cake cool for 15 to 20 minutes