A great side for Thanksgiving! We’ll show you a variation for stuffing on the show and post it on our Facebook page.
- 1 1/2 cups wild blend rice
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, bulk
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 12 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp. Gia Russa chopped garlic
- 1 jar Gia Russa Marsala Simmer sauce
- 1 jar Gia Russa Roasted Peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
Prepare rice mix according to package directions. In a sauté pan, brown sausage over medium heat, set aside. In a pan, melt butter add onion and sauté until golden brown, caramel color. Add mushrooms and garlic, sauté until mushrooms are slightly tender.
Add Gia Russa simmer sauce and roasted peppers and sausage. Simmer for about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir sausage and mushroom mixture and parsley into prepared rice.
Get even more recipes in our Great Groceries Archive!