- 1 lb. kielbasa, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil
- 1 1/2 cups dry medium-sized pasta
In a large soup pot, brown kielbasa, adding olive oil if needed. Remove sausage and set aside.
Add onion, bell peppers, carrots and celery to pot. Cook over medium heat until veggies are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute. Return sausage to pot. Add tomato and chicken broth. Stir in beans, oregano and basil. Cover and bring to a simmer for 20 minutes over medium heat.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, drain and add to soup. Stir to combine and serve.
Did you like this recipe? Be sure to let us know in the comments section below!