The perfect soup for summer!
What You’ll Need:
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 Tbsp. reserved bacon fat
- 1 cup green onion, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/2 lbs. yellow squash, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 3/4 cup milk, divided
- 4 1/2 cups corn, divided
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- chopped green onion for garnish
Heat reserved bacon fat over medium-high heat. Add 3/4 cup onions, celery and squash. Sauté for about 8 minutes or until tender, adding in garlic during last 30 seconds of cooking. Reduce heat slightly. Add 1 ½ cups milk, 1 1/2 cups of the corn, thyme, salt and pepper to vegetables.
In a blender or food processor, add remaining 3 cups of corn, remaining 1 1/4 cups milk and cream. Process until nearly smooth, about 30 seconds. Add pureed mixture to dutch oven and stir to blend. Cook until heated through. Serve warm with shredded cheese, crumbled bacon and chopped green onions.
Stop by your local Sparkle Market for all of your Great Grocery needs!