This sea food based appetizer is sure to impress your friends and family!
What You’ll Need
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (8 oz.) packages reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) container sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 8 oz. crab meat
- crackers or celery sticks for dipping
How to make it
Preheat oven to 350°.
Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and thyme sprigs. Cook and stir for 15 to 20 minutes or until browned. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds more. Discard thyme sprigs.
In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, milk, Worcestershire, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir in onions and gently fold in crab. Transfer to a 7 x 11-inch baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes until bubbly around edges. Garnish with green onion and serve with crackers or celery.
Be sure to stop by your local Sparkle Market for all of your appetizer needs!