Fried Rice With Spicy Ketchup Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. peeled and grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 lb. cooked pork, ham, chicken or beef, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
In a small bowl, combine the ketchup and chili sauce and set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon peanut oil in a wok. Add the eggs and scramble, then set aside on a plate.
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon peanut oil to the wok. Add the ginger and garlic and stir-fry for less than 1 minute. Add carrots and stir-fry for 1 minute more.
Add pork and mushrooms, cook for 2 minutes. Then add the peas and cooked rice and toss together. Add the cooked egg back into the wok. Season mixture with soy sauce, salt and pepper. At the very end add the sesame oil and spicy ketchup sauce. Garnish with green onions and serve immediately.