Here’s a burger recipe just in time for memorial day!
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 6 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 2 cups fresh spinach and sliced
- tomatoes for topping
In a food processor, combine Greek yogurt, mayonnaise and tomatoes; cover and process until blended. Chill until serving.
In a large bowl, combine Worcestershire sauce, Parmesan cheese, basil, Italian seasoning, garlic, pepper and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 6 patties.
Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Top with mozzarella cheese and serve on buns with mayonnaise mixture spinach and tomatoes.