This soup is guaranteed to warm you up and fill you up.
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup diced cooked lean ham
- 1 cup broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
In a large slow cooker, combine potatoes, onion, celery and carrots. Pour broth over vegetables. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
In a medium bowl combine cornstarch, thyme, salt and pepper. Whisk in evaporated milk. Slowly stir the cornstarch mixture, ham and broccoli into the hot soup. Cover and cook for 1 hour, stirring the soup occasionally. Before serving, top soup with cheese.