Two of our favorites, buffalo chicken and macaroni and cheese… combined into ONE recipe!
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground mustard
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup buffalo hot sauce
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 350°.
Cook macaroni to al dente according to package instructions and drain.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in flour, ground mustard, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in milk and cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and stir in cheeses until melted. Add buffalo sauce, chicken, green onion and macaroni. Mix well.
Spoon into an ungreased 9 x 9-inch casserole dish and top with bread crumbs. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.