If you want to make this truly vegetarian, substitute the chicken broth with some reserved pasta water.
- 1/2 lb. linguine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (12 oz.) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup chicken broth, or as needed
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil. Add onion and sauté until softened, about 4 minutes. Stir in roasted red peppers and garlic and cook until heated throughout, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Pour pepper mixture into a food processor. Add one tablespoon oil, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, salt and yogurt. Process until smooth, adding chicken broth if needed.
Transfer pasta to a serving dish. Pour sauce over pasta, sprinkle with crushed red pepper and toss to coat. Add Parmesan and parsley for garnish.