Class is in session! Will your lunch get an A?
Every year more parents are packing healthy and delicious lunches for their children in order to guarantee good nutrition. With so many stylish choices lunch-boxes aren’t just for kids anymore…plenty of adults are making smart decisions and saving money by packing a lunch.
Here are some healthy & affordable ideas for lunch:
- Sandwiches – Swap whole wheat bread for white bread and make sure to include quality meats like ham, turkey, chicken, and roast beef. Mustard is a great alternative to mayonnaise and veggie toppings are great too!
- Yogurt – A great source of calcium that comes in many delicious flavors, yogurt is a great addition to any lunch!
- Fruit – Delicious fruit makes a great lunch staple because it’s portable and chock full of vitamins. Some easy and tasty choices include apples, oranges, grapes and pears.
- Vegetables – You can never have enough of these! Carrots, celery, peppers and cucumbers make great crunchy snacks.
- Milk – Packed with calcium, vitamin D and protein, milk is a clear winner!
- Sparkling water – It’s a great alternative to pop and can be flavored with natural lemon or lime juice.
- Pure juice – Make choices that are low in added sugar such as pure orange, cranberry and apple juice.
- Water – You can never go wrong with thirst-quenching water!
For even more great lunch ideas, make sure to check out Sparkle Markets!